A rare opportunity has arisen to join our friendly and supportive large animal team in Keighley, in the beautiful Bronte Country and edge of the Yorkshire Dales. We are proud to be an RCVS Accredited Practice working from modern, purpose-built premises.
Our Large Animal team comprises of 8 Vets, as well as a welcoming and hardworking support team, which will suit a New Graduate looking to start their career in a progressive environment. At Aireworth Vets we value our team and their work/life balance. We can offer great support thanks to the extensive and varied experience among our team of assistants.
We are predominately ambulatory (this role is 95% Equine and 5% Farm), with facilities to work up cases in house. We have onsite surgical facilities and inpatient care with all modern diagnostics available. Interest in equine stud medicine and lameness investigations would be preferable.
CPD is actively encouraged and funded including Certificates, giving you the opportunities to develop your own caseloads and skills to a high standard.
As you will be part of the Graduate Development Programme at VetPartners, you will be able to embrace a blended learning approach of training days, in-house mentoring, CPD, and clinical practice, creating a varied platform for you to grow and develop as a Veterinary Surgeon. You will be offered both supportive 1-to-1 and group mentoring sessions, for engagement and interaction, as you develop an invaluable skillset. From surgical/medical experience, to enjoying teamwork, providing refined customer service, and gaining business knowledge to support the security of great patient care.
You can find out more about the programme at: https://vetpartners.co.uk/graduates/
What are the benefits of working as part of the Large Animal team at Aireworth?
- Only 1:7 weekends!
- 5-day average working week
- 32 days holiday per annum including Bank Holidays
- Starting salary of £32,000 per annum with regular pay reviews
- Graduate Development Programme
- Car provided
- HealthShield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- Two other membership subscriptions
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted Veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to work with large animals, who shares our aspirations of providing outstanding care for our patients and clients.
If you wish to apply (or if you have any questions), please send your CV to Gill Tansey: email@example.com