We are looking for an experienced, RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, who has built strong experience working in the UK Veterinary Market, to join our rapidly expanding telemedicine team.
You will be a capable, energetic, team player who strives for excellence and is a stickler for detail. You must be technically minded and proficient in various practice management systems and Microsoft products.
The role will predominately be remotely based, however, regular trips will be required to our lovely Harrogate based offices.
The Head of the Veterinary Team is responsible for managing the clinical activities of the Vets and acts as the first line of management developing the team to optimise uptake of clinical services. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for driving excellence in customer service and clinical care, whilst promoting pet wellbeing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Induction of new Telemedicine Veterinary Surgeons
- Managing all Veterinary Surgeons (including Locums), ensuring:
- Their time and expertise are most effectively utilised
- Their interactions with clients and patients are consistently excellent
- Their clinical records are accurate and up to date following company procedure.
- Agreeing CPD requirements (where applicable) for all Veterinary Surgeons and monitoring the effectiveness.
- Monitoring clinical performance and client interaction of all Veterinary Surgeons; and providing appropriate development and coaching to drive their continuous improvement.
- Conducting annual appraisals for the permanent members of the Veterinary team.
- Performance management of all Veterinary Surgeons.
- Conducting consultations 70/30 split (Consultation/Admin).
- Resolving conflicts within the team.
- Agreeing corrective action and improvement requirements, following internal audits, and ensuring their completion within the agreed timescale.
- Maintaining timely, accurate and up to date clinical notes for each patient; and ensuring that direct reports do the same.
- Assisting the rostering of locum shifts in alliance with the MD/Operations Manager.
- Leading by example by consistently demonstrating a caring, professional attitude to clients, patients, and the Veterinary team.
- Ensuring an effective handover is conducted between colleagues and/or out of hours providers.
- Seeking the assistance of appropriate colleagues or advisory bodies to deliver clinical excellence.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints that involve a Veterinary Surgeon; and escalating the matter to the Operations Manager if the complaint requires Leadership Team involvement.
- Supporting the Leadership Team in promoting the strategic plan and the values of Vet on the Net and driving continuous improvement.
- Any special projects as agreed with the Managing Director.
- Reporting on relevant KPIs at request of Vet on the Net.
The role is based in a fast-paced environment, and you must guide by example. The Head of the Veterinary team must demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to provide cover for absences and weekends, if required. The role requires a commitment to proactively developing own skills whilst completing CPD in accordance with Vet on the Net and the RCVS requirements.
You must adhere to health and safety guidelines, ensuring their Vet team does the same. This role requires strong communication, organisational and people management skills. You must demonstrate empathy, kindness, and compassion, whilst also being calm and confident under pressure. Working conditions and hours of work will be undertaken to reflect the needs of the business.
Time will be available each week to complete essential administrative tasks, although this must be flexible so as not to adversely impact the effectiveness of the company, patient care, nor customer satisfaction. The Lead Veterinary Surgeon must adhere, always, to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Code of Professional Conduct; and ensure that their direct reports do the same.
- Permanent Veterinary Surgeons
- Locum Veterinary Surgeons
Salary: upwards of £45k (depending on experience) plus benefits.
To apply, please email your CV to Amanda Drew through the apply now link.