We are looking for a self-motivated individual to work as Head Nurse within the nursing team of our busy equine hospital in Knutsford, Cheshire which was recently voted ‘The Best Equine Vets in the UK’ for the second year running.
Ashbrook is a busy, recently expanded equine hospital which services a wide variety of clients ranging from professional sports horses to family pets. Onsite facilities include a large operating theatre, a diagnostic imaging suite with digital radiography, ultrasonography and video endoscopy, an isolation unit, and a standing MRI scanner. A.I. facilities include stallion collection and foal nursing.
The successful candidate will have exceptional horse handling skills, be able to fulfil onsite out of hours cover required at Ashbrook (1:6) and work with enthusiasm and care. They will lead the nursing team with responsibility for creating and maintaining the highest standards of nursing care and professional performance.
We are a RCVS approved training practice with excellent facilities where ongoing CPD is encouraged, and the job holder will have the opportunity to act as a Clinical Coach and provide support for student nurses.
We offer: –
- Starting salary £26,812 per annum
- Twice a year discretionary bonus scheme
- 30 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays) opportunity to buy or sell extra days
- Healthshield benefits (money back towards general wellbeing costs)
- Enhanced sick, maternity, and paternity pay
- Fun social events
- Dedicated Reception teams so you can focus on nursing duties
- CPD 3 days / £600 per annum plus potential for extra qualifications
- Clinical Coaching opportunities
- Full-time role with a 37.5-hour week.
A full job description for this role is available via the website www.willowsvetgroup.co.uk.
To apply for the position, please email your CV and covering letter to Julie-Ann Goryl through the apply now link quoting job reference 10. Applications will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis.