Fantastic opportunity for a role in leadership to grow and develop our A&E service and its team, at Woodcroft Veterinary Hospital in South Manchester.
We are looking for a passionate individual and enthusiastic team player with management experience to lead and manage our A&E department based in our state-of the art Veterinary Hospital. The ideal candidate will be a conscientious, dedicated, and caring Veterinary Surgeon (MRCVS), ideally with an Emergency & Critical Care (ECC) certificate. They will work together with the senior management team (SMT) using a collaborative approach to help, develop and support the department.
This role is ideally full time (an equivalent of least 4 working days and nights combination per week) but flexible working options will be considered.
A&E and hospital services are provided to both internal clients and surrounding user practice clients. Jenny and James say, “The heart of our business is our fabulous team, the clients we serve and of course the pets we treat.”
This is a full-time position. With an inclusive and flexible approach to all opportunities but it would typically entail:
- 40 hours over the week.
- A mix of clinical and non-clinical work – to provide on ground support to our teams as well as management and strategic planning for the service.
- Being available for advice and urgent decision-making requests.
- Dealing with A&E/Hospital complaints and client feedback that has been escalated to management.
- Visiting local A&E user practices to promote and develop Woodcroft services.
- A mixture of day and night shifts (exact ratio of each to vary).
- Salary circa £75,000/annum (pro-rata), dependent on experience and number of nights per month.
A typical candidate should have:
- Significant experience in small animal Veterinary practice.
- An ECC certificate or be close to completing an ECC certificate.
- Proven leadership skills, preferably with experience of having managed a team.
- Passion for supporting others and engaging in constructive communication.
- Ability to mentor and coach others.
- Desire to serve current client base and develop services further.
- Confidence in decision making, able to consider the business as a whole.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, preferably with experience in business operations and financial understanding (though training will be provided).
To express an interest and request a full job specification, including Woodcroft’s vision, mission and values and benefits that come with the role, please email Fiona Knight through the apply now link above. If you then wish to apply, you will be asked to send a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this role along with your CV. Selected candidates will then be invited to a first round of interviews to start the process.