Fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join an amazing team at Woodcroft Vets in South Manchester – First opinion four-day working week and weekend rota.
We are currently looking for an experienced Vet. We are a friendly bunch and are looking for someone who shares our values to join our progressive and enthusiastic team. There will be sole charge as part of this role, so some experience is needed. We have our own 24-hour clinic and there will be some late evening (5pm-11pm) and weekend work on a rota basis.
We are a busy 7-branch group, priding ourselves on offering the very best options available for our patients with engaged client consent, supported by our own out-of-hours provision in our Tier 3 hospital, and a multi-disciplinary certificate-led referral team in-house.
We do our utmost to achieve gold standard care and have an exciting caseload, which will help aide your clinical progression. The successful candidate would benefit from the full range of knowledge, expertise, and equipment we have throughout the group, including advanced diagnostic imaging (CT scanner), doppler echocardiography, flexible/rigid endoscopes, direct radiography suites, ultrasound scanners, dental radiography, electrocautery, laparoscopy, and advanced anaesthesia equipment.
We are situated in a lovely part of the world, close to both the Peak district and the Lake district, with excellent transport links and a short train ride to the vibrant City of Manchester.
Benefits of working for us:
- In-house referral hospital and OOHs team – no need to worry about sending your patients to external facilities
- No on-call
- Workplace pension
- Health Shield
- RCVS, BSAVA, BVRA fees paid
- Generous and flexible CPD budget
- Certificates funded and strongly encouraged; we have the facilities to support your development
- Employee funded private medical cover (discounted)
- Enhanced sick, parental leave, and Buy/Sell Holiday
- VDS cover for clinical team
- Excellent Pet discount & Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible work applications
- Internal employee appreciation awards
- Long service awards
- 6.6 weeks holiday entitlement, including Bank Holidays.
We work an average 4-day week with weekends compensated with time in lieu.
Competitive salary to be discussed at interview. Typical range £40-45k, dependent on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Emma Farrelly through the ‘Apply Now’ link above, or fill out the Application Form below.