Are you a Small Animal Vet about to start your career? Or looking to start a new chapter? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
If you enjoy the great outdoors, then we are in the perfect location for you. Not only do we have the beautiful beaches of the Northumberland coastline, but the North Pennines and the Lake District are all on our doorstep. The historic cities of Durham and Newcastle are both a 30-minute drive, and are sure to captivate you, too.
We are a friendly team of 8 Veterinary Surgeons with a range of experience and varied interests, working in a purpose-build, RCVS accredited Small Animal hospital in County Durham. Two of our team currently have Cert AVP qualifications, and two other Vets working towards their qualification. Several team members have already completed VetGDP training, and we have a long-standing culture of support and mentoring new graduates. We can offer valuable support and excellent mentoring, as well as exciting career opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our friendly team, someone who is keen to progress and develop themselves, or lead, encourage, and support others to do the same.
We are happy to consider flexible working to create a great work-life balance.
- 4-day week, Saturdays pro rata
- Night duties and weekend OOH until 10pm, external OOH support offered outside these hours
- 24-hour Nursing members on site to offer outstanding inpatient care
- Well-equipped in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, and laparoscopy
- ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic Silver Award
- Small-Medium Business of the Year County Durham Together Awards 2021
- VDS and RCVS fees paid
- £1750 CPD allowance per year and actively encouraged (more if you a certificate holder), and membership subscription.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Discounted Veterinary fees
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme.
If you would like to find out more or apply for this exciting opportunity, please contact our Clinical Director Gillian Brown: email@example.com