Hampden Veterinary Hospital
Hospital Veterinary Surgeon – Permanent Full-Time and/or Part-Time
Hampden Veterinary Hospital is searching for a motivated and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to expand our hospital team; we are looking for a confident and capable all-rounder, who strives for high clinical standards in general practice. The role will be split between consulting, operating, and inpatient management, so a level of experience is required, and an interest or certificate in ECC or Internal Medicine would be advantageous, but not essential. Sole charge work at branch surgeries is limited to consultations only, with all procedures carried out at the hospital. There is no out-of-hours work, and weekend days are worked on a negotiable rota.
As this position will expand the current team, flexible roles will be considered, and individuals with specialist interests will be supported. For instance, a preference for weekend-only or twilight shift patterns would be considered, and applicants with an ECC or Internal Medicine bias could suit a dedicated inpatient role.
– Salary of £40,000 – £65,000+ pro rata (DOE)
– 40 hours / 4 day week
– No OOH – dedicated on-site night team
– 1/6 weekend rota (day only) with full TOIL – subject to change as team increases
– 33 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
– 5 days CPD minimum with uncapped budget (within reason!)
– BVA, BSAVA, RCVS, VDS paid memberships
– Ability to progress clinically and professionally
The hub of our practice is the purpose-built RCVS Accredited Hospital in the centre of Aylesbury, which is fitted out with a full range of diagnostic and surgical equipment, allowing our team to work to the highest standards. The 3 branches in the town and surrounding villages funnel in a client base that is well insured, and motivated to work up cases. Hospitalised patients are managed to a high level with the support of our committed and talented team of RVNs. The quality of care doesn’t stop at the end of the workday, as our dedicated team of Night Vets and RVNs provide round the clock emergency and intensive care for our patients. And if all else fails, we a situated close to some of the best referral centres in the country.
– Central hospital with 3 branches
– 10 Day Vets, 3 Night Vets, 15 Day Nurses, 3 Night Nurses, 3 Kennel Assistants, 2 Lab Techs
– RVN training practice
– VetGP Advisor practice
– Merlin practice management software
Hampden Veterinary Hospital is not just here for our patients and clients; we cultivate a progressive and supportive attitude to our colleagues’ health and wellbeing, to maximise their job satisfaction whilst protecting their personal life. We pride ourselves on facing the day as a strong and light-hearted team, who work together to see everyone over the finish line.
Located in the foot of the Chiltern Hills, Aylesbury Vale is a hearty mix of towns, rural villages, and stunning countryside. With direct train links to London, the location offers something for everyone.
What Hampden Veterinary Hospital Offers Its Patients and Clients:
– 24/7 access for routine and emergency cases.
– Experienced Veterinary Surgeons with interests and advanced qualifications in ECC, ophthalmology, surgery, dentistry, exotics, and imaging.
– An amazing team of motivated Nurses, with interests and advanced qualifications in dentistry, anaesthesia, behaviour, and ECC.
– An extensive support team of friendly and professional receptionists, practice management, and insurance administrators.
– A team of kennel assistants, who work hard to keep the Nurse team free for clinical work.
– Separate cat, dog, exotic, and isolation wards.
– Digital x-ray, ultrasound, and endoscopy, with plans for CT scanner expansion.
– In-house laboratory, operated by full-time lab technicians.
– Multiple theatres, procedure rooms, and prep room.
– Unrivalled patient support, with multi-parameter monitoring and Bair Huggers in every theatre, Ligasure electrocautery devices, and dedicated recovery Nurse roles.
– Dedicated dental suite with DR digital x-ray.
– A competitive Health Care Plan.
What Hampden Veterinary Hospital Offers Its Veterinary Surgeons:
– Clinical freedom of cases, whilst gently guiding towards gold standard care.
– Clinical support from a friendly and experienced team.
– No sales-target related pressure.
– Supported and funded clinical advancement to Certificate level.
– Respect for private life and time away from the practice.
– Support from locums where needed, reducing unnecessary strain.
– Rotas in advance, with accommodation of weekend commitments.
What Hampden Veterinary Hospital Offers All Employees:
– An open dialogue about work pressures and how it fits into modern life, with active changes made to support the individual.
– As part of the Vet Partners group, employees have access to VetPartners initiatives such as VetPartners learning and external Hemsley Fraser Learning.
– Membership to Health Shield.
– Cycle to Work Scheme.
– A substantial employee discount.
– 4 weeks sick leave (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay).
– Free employee parking.
– Respect, both as an employee and as a human being, to protect mental and physical health and safeguard personal time.
If you feel that Hampden Veterinary Hospital could be a good match for your career progression, please email your CV and a covering letter to Jaqueline Denham (Practice Manager) to apply directly or to discuss the position further: email Jacqueline.email@example.com