Welcome to the VetPartners Farming Awards
British agriculture is the way forward for a sustainable future and we want to recognise the sheer determination, hard work and resilience of our British farmers. Working alongside our talented farm vets and practices, we are delighted to launch the 2023 Sustainable Sheep Farm of the Year award.
Sustainable Sheep Farm of the Year
With our VetPartners Sustainable Sheep Farm of the Year, we’re recognising farms that have delivered outstanding environmental and economic benefits to their flock or local environment. In the words of our farm director, Ian Cure: “The shortlisted sheep farmers were nominated by their vets based on their commitment to continuous improvement in their farming processes.”
Meet our nominees
James Horn – Lutterworth, Leicestershire
- First generation sheep farmer
- 600 Head Romney outdoor lambing flock
- Focus on progressive flock planning & high welfare
- Grazing rotation on arable land
- Trialling not castrating & tailing
- Reduced reliance on anthelmintics & antibiotics
Steve Penberthy, Trewithick Farm
- 180 head commercial ewe flock
- 20 head of pedigree Suffolks
- Proactive and innovative farm vision
- Data collection and analysis focus
- Preventative parasitology using home FEC’s
- Actively reducing antibiotic use through preventative health methods
How to vote
You can vote for your Sustainable Sheep Farm of the Year by visiting the voting page below.
Voting closes on Friday 6th October.