Registered Veterinary Nurse – Wood Vet Group – Quedgeley, Gloucester
We are looking for an RVN to join our driven and caring team at a state-of-the art RCVS Accredited Hospital in Gloucester. We currently have of 30 Day Nurses, 6 Night Nurses, and 4 kennel assistants, many of whom hold post qualification certificates.
Our nurses enjoy a great work-life balance, enabling them to explore everything the locality has to offer in their downtime. With the historic attraction of Gloucester Cathedral and breath-taking countryside right on your doorstep, this location is perfect for nature-lovers. For those who prefer more of a city scene, you’re only a 45-minute drive from beautiful Bristol, and an hour and half from the lively Welsh capital of Cardiff.
You’ll be conscientious, hardworking, have a passion for providing gold standard veterinary care, and be confident in all aspects of our nursing rota. As an approved training practice, being a Clinical Coach would be advantageous, but training can be provided if you would like to support our student nurses. You will work a varied caseload where schedule 3 is actively encouraged, and additional training/qualifications are supported.
We have our own dedicated night team, so there are no OOHs, although there is the opportunity the provide holiday cover if you have an interest in OOH/ECC work that you would like to explore further. Our in-house Laboratory with dedicated technicians provides advanced diagnostics.
Shifts will be between the hours of 8am-8pm, 1 in 7 weekends with time off in-lieu, and 1 in 14 Saturdays. However, we are flexible with working patterns, and can offer full- or part-time hours for the right candidate.
Salary: Up to £27,000 DOE
- 6 weeks paid holiday, including Bank Holidays
- £1000.00 CPD Allowance per annum
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments, from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid, and one other membership subscription
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts including gym memberships and retail
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
To apply please send a CV to our Deputy Practice Manager, Naomi Grainger – Naomi.firstname.lastname@example.org