We are looking to employ a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our amazing, supportive work family (second year students at the end of their training may be considered).
Prince Bishop Veterinary Hospital is a small animal training Hospital based in County Durham, with fantastic state-of-the-art modern facilities, including laparoscopic equipment, laser therapy, in-house laboratory, radiography suite, and more. We are a supportive team and there is very much a family feel amongst the whole team. We encourage our nurses to carry out additional qualification/certificates in their areas of interest, as career development is something that the practice is very keen to promote and fund.
We ask that you are forward-thinking and enjoy all aspects of modern-day nursing, including inpatient care, nurse lead consultations, theatre practice, and socialising.
We pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of care and are enrolled onto the RCVS practice standards scheme. Our previous achievements include 6 outstanding awards in the PSS awards scheme, runners up in the Petplan Veterinary awards for practice of the year 2018, IFSM cat friendly silver award, and most recently we have been reaccredited as hospital standard in our RCVS practice standards inspection.
- 40 hours a week (rota basis, including great mixture of day, out-of-hours, weekend, and Bank Holiday shifts)
- Permanent position
- Paid sleeping shifts (additional to salary) for out-of-hours work (adv. 1 night a week)
- 5:8 weekends off, encouraging work-life balance (days off during the week when working a weekend)
- Generous CPD package, as further career development is encouraged and funded
- Structured career pathway, encouraging progression
- Professional fees are paid annually
- Fantastic company benefits scheme, including access to various healthcare, wellness support, and money claim back opportunities
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Maternity and paternity package
- Companywide special interest groups, including anaesthesia, behaviour, wellbeing, pain management, and much more
- Social and team building events, companywide focus on wellbeing and team collaboration.
Salary: £20,000-£22,000 per year, depending on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Cheryl Marriott through the ‘Apply Now’ link above, or fill out the Application Form below.