An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Veterinary Nurse to join our team at our busy small animal practice in Bishop Auckland. Wilson Veterinary Group is a long-established practice specialising in small animal care from its surgeries in Bishop Auckland, Newton Aycliffe and Spennymoor. The practice you will be based at is located 7 miles from Durham, and we are extremely fortunate to be surrounded by beautiful countryside, with the coast & vibrant cities like Newcastle all within a 30-minute drive.
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse who can work to the highest standards of patient care and customer service. If you are a dynamic and motivated RVN then we are looking for you to join our Veterinary Nurse team.
This vacancy will give the right candidate the opportunity to use all their nursing skills. You would be responsible for in patient care during the night, answering the telephones and liaising with the Vet with regards to emergencies.
The hours of work will be 30 per week with shift times of 19:00pm to 08.00am, you would be working four nights on and eight nights off. The salary we are offering is between £20,800 to £22,500.
- 6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- £600.00 CPD Allowance per annum
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- One other membership subscription
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Perks – offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
If you are interested in this role and would like further information, please email by sending your CV and Covering Letter to: Claire Bake, HR Manager at Wilson Veterinary Group, 5 – 11 Tenters Street, Bishop Auckland, Co Durham DL14 7AD, 01388602707 or email email@example.com.