Vet Surgeon – Eastgate Vet Group – Norfolk/Suffolk
Here at Eastgate Veterinary Group on the border of Norfolk and stunning Suffolk, we are looking for a motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join our talented team across our RCVS accredited branches.
At Thetford, we have a team of 3 Vets and 4 Nurses, with our group at Bury St. Edmunds consisting of 4-5 Vets and 5-6 Nurses, and our practice at Mildenhall, also with 3 Vets and 4 Nurses. All the practices also have very proactive and friendly support teams.
Who are we looking for?
We’re open to an experienced Vet, but we would also be happy to support a less-experienced candidate who wants to build up their confidence in surgery, as this will be key to the role. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team that are always striving to provide the best care for our patients and to share our knowledge with each other.
Our full-time Vets work a 4-day week, covering 36 hours. However, we are amenable to part-time and flexible working, for the right candidate.
Our weekend and OOH rota equates to working one first-on-call and one second-on-call weekend in every 10-11-week cycle. We don’t have any permanent accommodation available, though the use of a flat at our Bury St. Edmunds branch during on-calls is possible, if it’s not being used by one of our lovely locums.
- Salary in range £32,000-£60,000 DOE, and you will be well reimbursed with extra pay for out-of-hours work and second-on-call weekend duties.
- Generous £1750 CPD allowance
- RCVS VDS fees paid
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments, from dentistry to sports massage
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts including gym memberships and retail
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
At Eastgate, our strongest asset is our team, and we encourage input and feedback from all members in order to improve and evolve the service we offer. Your opinion is important to us, and we encourage everyone to get involved and have a say on the way we practice.
We hope to get to know you soon!
Please send applications to the Practice Managers, Jo Austin and Claire Crane, via the link below.