At Galedin Veterinary, we currently have exciting opportunities for permanent and fixed term maternity cover Small Animal Veterinary surgeons to join our busy, friendly, supportive small animal team at our large, well-equipped, modern surgery in the beautiful borders town of Berwick-upon-Tweed. The beautiful coastline, access to the Cheviots, as well as easy access to Edinburgh or Newcastle, make this the ideal spot to settle.
The surgery is large, purpose-built and offers great facilities and equipment, including our new lovely video endoscope. Our team of nine Vets have experience in emergency medicine, internal medicine, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, and exotics. We encourage collaboration and progression.
We also have a fantastic team of experienced RVNs and trainees who keep us organised and help us provide expert nursing care to our patients. Being multi-branch (and part of the VetPartners group) we are lucky to have a wealth of Veterinary experience within the wider team.
We are proud to provide our own OOH service for our clients, and this additional full-time position would allow us to create a generous rota while providing excellent out-of-hours care. The position would be based at the Berwick surgery and would suit an experienced Vet or a confident recent graduate looking for a supportive team and varied workload.
Benefits of working for us:
- 5 days CPD, with budget of £1750 annually (pro rata for part-time)
- 31 days holiday (pro rata for part-time)
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Competitive employee discount rates on products (cost price) and services (50%)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Employee dogs are welcome at the practice!
- Group life cover, enhanced sickness cover, and income protection (after qualifying period)
- Further qualifications including certificate encouraged and supported
- Workplace Pension
- Opportunity to apply for the cycle-to-work scheme
- Opportunity for career progression within a large and growing practice.
For more information or for an informal chat about this role, please telephone 01289 330066 and ask to speak to Heather Boyle. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Heather through the link above, or fill out the Application Form below.