We have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team.
With surgeries in Glusburn, Ilkley, and Skipton you have the opportunity to join a passionate team of Veterinary professionals from all walks of life. We are based on the edge of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, within 30-45 minutes of Leeds by train, and 30 minutes from Leeds Bradford International Airport!
As a full-time Veterinary Surgeon, you’ll complement our team of 14 Vets and 20 RVNs, growing your knowledge as you work alongside many skilled and supportive certificate holders. Our experienced team means that we can deal with surgical and medical cases in-house, allowing you to follow your own cases with clinical freedom and support.
We believe our patients deserve to have 24-hour care provided by the professionals that their owners trust, and our in-house OOH provision means you’ll have a continuity of cases.
We promote and reward technical and behavioural excellence in all our Vets. As we grow and specialise our surgeries, we’re looking for Veterinary Surgeons keen to develop their skills with us.
Whether you’re still finding your feet or are more experienced, we’re looking for someone who loves being a Vet! The right candidate knows that a good consultation is about efficiently working out a solution, and you believe in the expertise of the RVNs you work with.
We’re offering a 40-hour week spread over 4 days, as well as an OOH based around 1-5, with time off in lieu. Sole charge may occasionally be required, subject to experience. Flexible working also considered.
- Salary scale: £34,000 – £50,000 (plus advanced scale for certificate holders)
- 7 weeks annual leave, including Bank holidays
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Healthplan Care available
- Access to mental health support
- 4 weeks sickness benefit — awarded after qualifying period
- Contributory pension scheme
- Professional fees paid, including BSAVA membership
- 5 days CPD with a £1750 allowance – more if a certificate holder
- Access to additional funding for Certificates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer-a-Friend bonus
- Career progression opportunities
- Discounted Veterinary fees
- Varied and challenging career.
There’s so much more to find out about working at Ashlands Veterinary Centre: for more information please email Anne MacGregor through the ‘Apply Now’ link above, the Application Form below, or call 01943 817000.
It’s time for the next step in your career; take that step with Ashlands Vets.