Pro rata salaries of up to £40-50k per annum FTE – rising with experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time small animal Veterinary Surgeon on the Herefordshire/Worcestershire border. Bromyard Vets are looking for an assistant Vet to work at our purpose-built small animal practice in Bromyard. We are well equipped with Cat IV laser, digital x-ray and dental x-ray, colour doppler ultrasound, multiparameter, ECG, capnograph, etc.
Bromyard is a historic market town in-between Worcester and Leominster, and is conveniently less than an hour from Birmingham, but nestled in gorgeous countryside, with the Malvern hills and Wales within easy reach.
I’m Catherine, the practice manager. I joined the practice about 3 years ago. I’m a bit different than most practice managers you’ll have worked with as I am also a small animal Vet, so as well as my Practice Manager role, I help on the clinical side, when needed.
What’s different about us? (What’s normal about us?!) I obviously can’t say this without completely being called out for bias, and possibly offending colleagues I’ve worked with before (sorry), but Bromyard Vets is the best team I’ve ever been a part of – we’re a fun bunch. We are constantly striving to improve the working environment/conditions for ourselves, and the services we can offer to our clients. Our Vets are all 5-plus years qualified and are supported by our strong RVN nursing team. Therefore, we could cater for an experienced Vet who wants to help us drive our offering further, but equally we have more than enough scope to support a Vet who is recently qualified or feels they want a role with a bit of support.
Career progression is also important for us. We all are invested in each other’s success. Have a look at our Facebook page to see what amazing things our team achieved in 2021.
What We Offer:
- 2 set days a week, plus 1 in 4 Saturday mornings (8.30am-1pm) (approximately 20 hours per week)
- No out-of-hours
- 15-minute appointments
- 6 weeks paid holiday, including Bank Holidays pro rata
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- £1750 CPD allowance per annum – more if a certificate holder
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments, from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- Two other membership subscriptions
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Discounted Veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts, including gym memberships and retail
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
We can also offer a relocation package to the right candidate, if required.
To summarise – we can’t guarantee your chuckle muscles won’t hurt, but we can guarantee you will make friends for life becoming a “Brommie Babe” (“Babe” – an affectionate term of address used by a man or a woman to a sweetheart).
To apply or to enquire further, please contact Catherine Dowson – firstname.lastname@example.org