Mourne Veterinary Clinic – Imagine an “office view” in the Mountains.
Warm, out-going, passionate, and inspiring Experienced Veterinary Surgeon? Raise your hand if that’s you, you’ll be working with a variety of Small and Large Animals.
As a mixed practice nestled in rural South Down, it’s essential you understand the way of life of our pet owners and farmers. We’ll give you excellent backup and support along the way to achieve this.
Our team cohesion is strong and includes locals who know the area and its people. We’re passionate about our community, and we all work together to ensure we provide not just a top service, but one catered specifically to our neighbours and clients.
The role is a large animal bias of 90% and 10% small animal work. The large animal split is as follows:
- Across the year it is largely cattle work – 70% suckler and 30% dairy
- Springtime (March-May): 50% sheep, 50% cattle (beef/cattle)
- After May, sheep work is very infrequent.
The role sees you work a 1 in 4 OOH rota on the weekends, with a small radius of cover. Monday to Friday you’ll work a 9am-6pm week.
An attractive salary in the range of £40,000 to £52,000 is on offer with a view to becoming part of the practice management team in the future.
Other Benefits include:
- Accommodation / vehicle available if required
- 6 weeks paid holiday including Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy and sell holidays
- £1750 CPD Allowance per annum – more if a certificate holder
- HealthShield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- Two other membership subscriptions
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted Veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities.
To discuss this opportunity, please send your CV to Mena Smith firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to the family.