The Farm Vets at Hampden Veterinary Hospital are searching for a new enthusiastic and confident vet to join its large and supportive team! The role requires independent work on-farm, so experience is advantageous, but not essential as the team is available to support the right applicant’s clinical progression.
- Full- or part-time hours can be considered.
- Varying 100% farm caseload – largely commercial beef and sheep, with room for growth in dairy, and small holders.
- Vast range of work, including routine visits, Emergency and surgical caseloads, Fertility/AI work, TB testing, and Export work – with training available, if necessary.
- Ability to progress clinically and professionally
- 1 in 7 out-of-hours rota, which increases slightly during the breeding season (about 3 months)
- Excellent communication skills, as we provide a high standard of veterinary care and strive to build strong relationships with our clients.
- Confident to work both under sole charge, but also part of the wider team.
- Ambitious and driven:
- There is huge opportunity to lead projects within the practice, particularly on the dairy side, client education, and TBAS.
- Possibility to mould the new generations of vets: we are part of the VetPartners new graduate scheme and IMR placement practice for University of Surrey students, providing the opportunity to mentor both undergraduates and new graduates.
- Basic computer/technical skills
- Salary from £42,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
- 6 weeks holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Fixed Lieu day every other week
- CPD fully funded, and further qualifications encouraged
- BCVA, RCVS, VDS paid memberships
- Part of the VetPartners group – encouraged team members to engage with national special interest groups and clinical board
- RCVS Practice Standards Farm Practice.
- Central Office, pharmacy, and operating facility.
- A team of Ambulatory Vets, Vet Technicians/Approved TB Testers.
- Surrey Vet School Training Practice.
- VetGP Advisor practice.
- Roving Laptop and desktop-based Merlin practice management software.
- Part of a mixed practice with large animal, small animal, and equine departments
- Supportive attitude toward the health and wellbeing of our employees, to maximise their job satisfaction whilst protecting their personal life. We pride ourselves on facing the day as a strong and light-hearted team who work together to see everyone over the finish line.
What Hampden Farm Veterinary Practice offers it patients and clients:
- 24/7 access for routine and emergency cases.
- Pro-active Health Care packages.
- Advanced reproduction services.
- Experienced Veterinary Surgeons with varied interests and advanced qualifications, including certificates and DBRs.
- An ambulatory service across Cambs, Bucks, Beds, Herts & Oxon.
- Central office site with:
- Pharmacy / dispensary
- Office space for Vets and Admin Team
- Clinic area
- Multiple ultrasound units and mobile X-Ray facility.
- An extensive support team of friendly and professional receptionists, practice management, and insurance administrators.
- Inhouse laboratory, staffed with full-time lab technicians.
What Hampden Farm Veterinary Practice offers it Veterinary Surgeons:
- Clinical freedom of cases, whilst gently guiding towards gold standard care.
- Clinical support from a friendly and experienced team.
- No sales-target related pressure.
- Supported and funded clinical advancement to Diploma level.
- Respect for private life and time away from the practice.
- Support from locums where needed, reducing unnecessary strain.
- Rotas in advance with accommodation of weekend commitments.
What Hampden Farm Veterinary Practice offers all employees:
- An open dialogue about work pressures and how it fits into modern life, with active changes made to support the individual.
- As part of the VetPartners group, employees have access to VetPartners initiatives such as VetPartners Learning and external Hemsley Fraser Learning.
- Membership to Health Shield.
- Great opportunity for progression through the VetPartners Career Pathway.
- A substantial employee discount.
- 4 weeks sick leave (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay).
- Respect, both as an employee and as a human, to protect mental and physical health and safeguard personal time.
If you feel that the Farm Vets at Hampden Veterinary Hospital could be a good match for your career, please email your CV to Jaqueline Denham (Practice Manager) to apply directly, or to discuss the position further: firstname.lastname@example.org