Poultry Health Services (PHS) are a national dedicated poultry and gamebird Vets. We work with all the avian species (chickens, pheasants, partridges, turkeys, and ducks) and our aim is to improve health, welfare, and performance of all the birds that are under our care through a preventative, hands on approach.
Clients are our primary focus delivering 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for advice, post-mortem examinations and on- site visits. The role will be located at the PHS site in Leominster which is a busy practice in which you will work alongside four Poultry Vets, Vet Support, Practice Manager and two Administrators. We are looking for a full-time permanent position working predominately Monday to Friday 08:30-17:00 with participation in a 1:4 weekend on call rota although part time working will be considered. During the training period you will have one vet as a main mentor.
The starting salary we are offering is a minimum of £35,000 per annum, with a salary review after the probation period of 6 months. A car allowance will be offered of £300 a month and 25p/mile after the probation period.
Other benefits include:
- £1,750 and 5 days a year for CPD
- Private medical insurance (Health Shield) + Shopping discounts through the Perks website
- RCVS, British Poultry Association fee and Insurance (VDS) paid by the Practice
- 28 days holidays a year + Bank Holidays
- Official Veterinarian course paid by the Practice
- Workplace pension scheme
- After year 1, ability to buy or sell holidays back to the Practice
- Discounted pet treatment
- We provide a work laptop, mobile phone, and uniform
- We encourage post graduate qualifications which we would fully fund or partially fund (depending on cost)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- My perks – offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Annual Pay Reviews.
If you are interested in this role and would like to have a chat to find out further information, please email email@example.com. To apply for the role please contact the practice through the ‘Apply Now’ link with your CV and Covering Letter.